How to sense your sweet spot in life
Have you ever seen something that didn’t look all that great to the natural eye? It ‘poked’ your interest, yet, you bypassed it?
A lesson during brunch:
We were at one of our favorite brunch places last week, and I vacillated back and forth on whether or not I was going to order these pancakes that were a combination of carrots, raisins, and pecans.
When seated, the hostess pointed out their new “fall pancakes,” so I pondered it, pondered it some more, and then asked the waitress if the pancakes were good?
If pondering wasn’t enough, I asked my husband, “Why do I need all of that in my pancakes?” Being that my husband encouraged me to tap into my adventurous side, he says, “Try it!” So, I did…
Once the pancakes came out, it was NOTHING like I thought they were going to be.
In fact, those pancakes were so amazingly delicious, I took my phone out, and jotted down my experience with these pancakes because I learned a lesson that had the potential to change my life…in a sweet way.
The chance may look unattractive:
[bctt tweet=”When it doesn’t look promising, pause, and determine if you want to take the chance.” username=”tolovenaturally”]
You may be facing a decision, a situation, or a dilemma. And, what ‘it’ looks like on the outside, and what it sounds like to the ear, may not be how it will come to fruition.
Taking the chance:
- It’s not always easy, convenient, or favorable to take the chance.
- However, when you take the chance, it’s strengthening your mindset, your faith, and your courage to do the next thing that you may shy away from doing.
- I encourage you to get uncomfortable (I keep pushing myself to be uncomfortable) to see what is following that which does not look appealing to your senses.
Heads-up on what you could experience:
- As you get the awkward, uncomfortable feeling out of the way, from taking the chance, the sweet spot begins to make its way to your senses.
- With that sweet spot, you will begin to see glimpses of why you took the chance, and where you may need to make adjustments, so it suits who you are as a person in that season of your life.
If changes are needed, it is okay (I’m still working on being ‘okay’ with adjusting, so you’re not alone) because you took the chance.
P.S. Don’t be hard on yourself if you don’t take the chance today… give yourself grace.
[bctt tweet=”It’s the initial shock of being uncomfortable that is uncomfortable.” username=”tolovenaturally”]
[bctt tweet=”It’s the chance you take that takes courage.” username=”tolovenaturally”]
Enjoyed it? Share the words!
Stay in love,